The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Breaking down the elite eight at the WTA Championships in Istanbul.
• Pictures of the top ladies at the draw ceremony.
• A look at the success (or lack thereof, depending on your point of view) of the WTA Roadmap.
• Penn is close to debuting a tennis ball that it says is more durable.
• Some stats on the top performers on the ATP and WTA over the last four years.
• WTA CEO Stacey Allaster gets a five-year contract extension.
• Rory McIlroy’s former manager on their recent split: “I don’t know whether it was his girlfriend (world No. 1 tennis player Caroline Wozniacki) getting in his ear or someone else but I thought we were doing a pretty good job, to be honest, and I think that’s how the outside world saw it.”
• Non-tennis: Apple’s lower prices are all part of the plan.