The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Roger Federer does some imaginary hitting in front of a green screen for the ATP’s annual photo shoot, and he makes it look just as graceful as you’d think he would.
• If you’re ever at a karaoke bar with Victoria Azarenka, back off. From The Desert Sun: “During her down time, Azarenka went to a karaoke bar when another patron started to sing with her during her cover of a Rhianna song. ‘I said, Can you shut up?’ Azarenka said. ‘I know I’m not a good singer, but I want to hear me suck. I just want to enjoy the moment. She said, I want to make you look better. I’m like, Cut it out.”
• Irina Falconi ordered an $85 breakfast from her hotel. It must have been good luck, though. She advanced to the second round at Indian Wells after Alexandra Dulgheru retired. That works out well because the 21-year-old American is also blogging for the WTA this week.
• Some number-crunching here reveals that Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Federer are the best performers at Indian Wells and Miami.
• Richard Pagliaro catches up with new Hall of Famer Gustavo Kuerten.
• Mahesh Bhupathi has been left off India’s Davis Cup team.
• For those keeping track, Bernard Tomic and his girlfriend, Donay Meijer, have broken up.
• Non-tennis: Your favorite classic movies, Bro’d out.