The tennis tour has officially invaded New York as the men and women make their final preparations for the U.S. Open, which begins on Monday. If you think the players have holed themselves up in their hotels all week you’ve missed out on the grinding tennis press junket. They’ve been everywhere!
Here are some of the best tweets of the week .
Tweet of the Week: Anna Wintour hosted a belated birthday party for Roger Federer and Diane Von Furstenberg was there to Instagram it. Yup, don’t think I would have ever written that sentence.
Best of the rest
10. Bad luck, Russ: Michael Russell has now drawn a seed at the U.S. Open in every main draw he’s played in since 2001.
What a surprise I play a seeded guy at the US Open….—
Michael Russell (@djmruss) August 23, 2012
9. Fact Czech: British player Anne Keothavong has apparently defected to the Czech Republic according to British Eurosport.
8. When in Texas…: Jelena Jankovic rides a horse in Dallas. Am I the only one who wishes that horse could tweet what it’s thinking right now?
7. More over, ESPN: Andy Roddick, who co-hosts a sports radio show on Fox Radio Network, bringing the analysis.
Steelers mike Wallace says he wants "Larry Fitzgerald money"……. I want to walk on the moon…… Both not likely to happen—
(@andyroddick) August 20, 2012
6. Wii tennis: This is a bit unfair. Mike’s a doubles player!
5. Petko returns: Andrea Petkovic won her first match back after injury this week in New Haven.
Hahaha, considering my season so far, I'm just happy I didn't break my neck or something today. This young girl played great! Wow!—
Andrea Petkovic (@andreapetkovic) August 20, 2012
4. Team DY: Sloane Stephens had her eye on Donald Young while he finally snapped his 17-match losing streak in Winston-Salem.
FIGHTTTTT DONALDDDDD!!!!!!!! Thats what im talking about dude!!!! This is what a proud friend tweets about —
Sloane Stephens (@sloanetweets) August 20, 2012
3. Read the memo, Sasha: Serena needs a break from her hitting partner.
2. Razor burn: Wait, why is Ryan Harrison using hotel razors? Talk to him, Mardy.
I can't use hotel razors without coming out looking like I was in a sword fight…..—
Ryan Harrison (@ryanharrison92) August 19, 2012
1. Touche, Jo: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga needed stitches after he literally ran into a fire hydrant in Montreal two weeks ago. Based on this picture, his sense of humor is firmly intact.