From (more) weirdness in Austin, Texas, to Novak Djokovic’s baggage to Milos Raonic’s sweet gift, here is the best of the week from the Twitterverse.
Tweet of the Week
Who knew Caroline Wozniacki was the jealous type?
Best of the rest
10. Party rock is in the house tonight: Credit to Redfoo for putting a $50,000 tournament on the map. And for putting together a solid tournament goodie bag.
9. Japan standards: To be fair, the mirror still does its job.
8. Cut off: What happens in China stays in China. No, really, you can’t tell anyone about it.
Off to Beijing,so no Twitter,or Facebook,or YouTube or whatever else is forbidden in China XX—
Sorana Cirstea (@sorana_cirstea) September 26, 2012
7. Translation error or just good advice?: Maybe the fan just likes a quick pace of play?
Chinese lady who's been supporting me all week kept shouting "Come on Robson, hurry up!" at me. I think that got a bit lost in translation.—
Laura Robson (@laurarobson5) September 22, 2012
6. That’s sweet: Milos Raonic gets a candy lei in Bangkok.
5. Close call: Ivo Karlovic gives us a behind-the-scenes look at the traveling life of a tennis pro. Lose and rush to the next tournament ASAP.
Uf close one. .Got my visa at 12.45,arrived to airport at 1.30,bought ticket by 1.45, flight at 2.20. Bye Bangkok, Tokyo here I come.—
ivo karlovic (@ivokarlovic) September 28, 2012
4. Hop on, hop off: Can we get a shot of Mike in a Baby Bjorn?
3. Point of order: Still weird to think Marat Safin is now an elected government official.
During reg. week on 1st,Oct will visit Bolsheboldinskiy district, Nizhegorodsky region.Will meet a lot of people, discuss tons of questions.—
marat_safin (@safin_marat1) September 28, 2012
2. Get a dog sitter: Novak Djokovic is off to Asia in his quest to finish the year at No. 1. I don’t think his poodle, Pierre, has a China visa.
1. Halloween came early: This week in “Andy Roddick profiles Austin’s weirdness”: