The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Here’s Janko Tipsarevic trying to wake up a Tokyo Open fan, whose slumbering apparently bothered Marco Chiudinelli. Look, if a fan wants to pay his hard-earned dollars to sit under the sun and take a nap, I say you let the dude snooze. (Video via Drop Shot Dispatch.)
• Peter Bodo on the race for year-end No. 1 between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic:
Nole’s obvious dedication and desire to finish the year at No. 1 suggest that we’re going to have a terrific finish with No. 1-ranked Roger Federer due to re-emerge on the tour next week in Shanghai.
There’s an excellent chance that the race for the year-end No. 1 ranking will come down to a shootout at the World Tour Finals. The only winner I can surely predict in that event is the game itself.
• Li Na clinched the eighth and final spot in the WTA Championships.
• Max Mirnyi has opened a junior tennis school in his native Belarus.
• Katie Taylor, Ireland’s gold-medal-winning boxer, is a big Federer fan.
• Non-tennis: This video of a little kid’s first mountain bike ride is equal parts mesmerizing and adorable.