• Video: Boris Becker previews this week’s ATP World Tour Finals. I could listen to Boris talk about anything.
• Props to the Czech Republic for defending their Fed Cup title by beating Serbia 3-1. The team celebrated by doing what all championship teams do. No, not going to Disney World. Singing We Are the Champions and swilling champagne.
• Bernard Tomic was fined $1,000 and put on one-year’s good behavior bond for failing to stop for police and incurring numerous traffic violations earlier this year.
“I was young and immature and that’s what you do at a young age. I’ve had my fun the last year or two, but I have to step up.” Tomic said he was “not happy” with his game and admitted to “resolving” a coaching issue with his father, John. “It’s been a difficult period the last eight months and now I can focus on the thing that I love doing, and that’s playing tennis,” he said.
• Victoria Azarenka is partying it up with Redfoo in Vegas.
• It may be the offseason, but Li Na is still cracking the funnies.
• Great new tennis blog started by a few well-respected members of the tennis Twitterverse, including frequent Toss contributor Lindsay Gibbs. It’s called The Changeover, and it’s worth an immediate bookmark.
• Charts, charts, who doesn’t love charts? Here’s a graphical breakdown of how WTA Top Eight earned their points by surface.
• Non-tennis: Do you like M&M’s? Do you love politics? Are you embarrassed to admit you don’t know how to the electoral college system works? Problem solved.