The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Want to know what we’re missing when Rafael Nadal isn’t on the court? Watch this compilation of 25 of his best points in 2012.
• You’d think that after a forgettable year, Bernard Tomic would be keeping a low profile this offseason. Nope. The 20-year-old was spotted behind the wheel of a bright yellow Ferrari F430, a bold move after all his driving issues earlier in the year that included a court appearance for traffic violations. No word if the car is actually Tomic’s or not. But what’s weirder: the fact that he didn’t consider how bad it might look for him to get papped behind the wheel of yet another high-octane sports car, the “SINCITY” vanity plates on the car or the Vanilla Ice shavings in his hair?
• Nadal’s coach/uncle, Toni, has been giving a number of interviews about his nephew’s status lately. Courtesy of Nadal News, here’s a translation of a lengthy sit-down he did with Spanish site Punto de Break.
• Roger Federer speaks on his new partnership with Moet & Chandon. He says it’s all about elegance. Someone page @PseudoFed.
“For me, I think the hard work that Moet have shown over a very long time I have done over a shorter span. I work extremely hard, yet I make it look very easy and elegant and I think they do that too. They feel very much connected to me and I feel the same with them.”
• Guido Pella defeated Adrian Unger in the final of the ATP Challenger Tour Finals in Sao Paulo.
• Sam Stosur says she won more matches this year playing ordinary tennis and rates her season a 7 out of 10.
• Steve Tignor picks his unmemorable moments of 2012.
• From the SI Vault, Frank Deford’s classic 1978 profile of Jimmy Connors, “Raised By Women To Conquer Men.”
• Great blog post here: 25 Things That Make Janko Tipsarevic Sigh.
• Non-tennis: Solid work from the Internet here: A Parks and Recreation Movie Trailer.