The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Roger Federer dances a jig in Brazil. Federer’s exhibition run through South America finally kicked off, and as if we needed a reminder that these are exhibitions, Federer lost to Thomaz Bellucci 5-7, 6-3, 4-6 on an indoor hard court in Sao Paulo.
• Troublesome report out of the Orange Bowl tournament in Plantation, Fla.: Local police were called after an allegations that a junior girl may have been struck in the head by her father with a racket after losing a match.
• Federer and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga thank Gillette for sponsoring the Federer tour of South America by shaving — read: wiping shaving cream off their faces — on stage.
• Federer has his eye on Rio: He says he’ll play a lighter schedule in order to save his body for the 2016 Olympics.
• Federer launched his own YouTube channel, where all of his South American exhibitions will be streamed live.
• The Slice looks at its top 12 moments involving tennis and celebrities this year.
• From running back to water boy: Nice report here from the Orange Bowl, on Alexandra Kiick, daughter of Jim Kiick, the former running back on the Miami Dolphins’ undefeated 1972 team.
• Steve Tignor offers an alternate way to look back at the season: a tennis quiz.
• The ATP is looking back at the big rivalries of 2012. Here’s its take on Federer-Murray.
• Non-tennis: Buzzfeed offers 45 powerful images from 2012.