The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The WTA wishes you a happy holiday.
• Cosmopolitan thinks John Isner had one of the best butts in 2012. Don’t look at me. I’m just the messenger here.
• The New York Times‘ Christopher Clarey was in South America during Roger Federer’s series of exhibitions last week. It’s clear Federer was overwhelmed by the love.
“They are so passionate here,” Federer said. “I’ve had more fans break down here in South America than anywhere else in the world. They cry, and they shake, and they are just so, like, not in awe but so happy to meet you. It’s disbelief for them that they can meet me, and that is something that has happened a few times before, but it’s very rare.”
• Doug Robson reports the USTA’s decision to move the U.S. Open final to Monday continues to drive a rift between itself and the ATP.
On Tuesday, ATP board representative Justin Gimelstob said he and other ATP leaders were “frustrated” by the USTA’s seemingly unilateral announcement Friday to extend the tournament to 15 days…. The ATP also wanted a bigger increase in prize money than the record $4 million the USTA added.
“The disproportionate amount of prize money relative to tournament revenue and the extra day demonstrate the tremendous disconnect from where the players felt the conversations were going,” Gimelstob said.
• Serena Williams will skip an exhibition in Thailand after having surgery on her toes.
• The directors of the controversial documentary on Venus and Serena Williams defend their movie. Despite granting the directors unlimited access, Venus and Serena have failed to support the movie after seeing the final cut.
• ATP Q&A with Rhyne Williams, who will make his Australian Open main draw debut after winning the USTA’s wildcard playoff.
• Sania Mirza and her husband, Shaoib Malik, will dance in an Indian reality TV show.
• The ATP by the numbers: Novak Djokovic is the comeback king.
• Non-tennis: Which Wes Anderson character are you?