Sloane Stephens made headlines across Australia with her 3-6, 7-5, 6-4 upset of Serena Williams in the Australian Open quarterfinals. Her match didn’t end until nearly midnight Eastern Time, apparently too late for her hometown newspaper, the (Fort Lauderdale) South Florida Sun Sentinel, to get it in the Broward County Edition (above).
- A Fan’s View: Ernests Gulbis
- Daily Bagel: ESPN’s Chris Fowler finds voice as tennis commentator
- Ever wonder what it would be like if Roger Federer visited your office?
- Novak Djokovic to become a father
- Serena Williams named to Time‘s 100 most influential list
- Daily Bagel: Ranking Rafa’s clay losses
- Hometown honor brings Andy Murray to tears