The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The Changeover captures tennis players going absolutely nuts while watching Ana Ivanovic’s ex-boyfriend Adam Scott win the Masters on Sunday. Rennae Stubbs and her ridiculously large Red Bull and vodka kept us very entertained.
• It’s become a Houston tradition: The Champion’s Cannonball. Here are doubles champions Jamie Murray and John Peers, who upset Bob and Mike Bryan in the final, going into the water after their win. Jamie’s mom, Judy, had some motherly critiques:
• Andy Roddick’s fashion choice for an ’80s party? The ever-functional Canadian tuxedo. The party was part of the Andy Roddick Foundation’s inaugural Celebrity Golf Classic.
• Sport Express RU reports that Martina Hingis will coach Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova during the clay season. Hingis has been working with Pavlyuchenkova in and out during the year.
• Retired Thai tennis player Paradorn Srichaphan is trading in his rackets for golf clubs: He says he’s turning pro this year.
• From WTA Backspin, the most thorough and entertaining recap of the tour’s first quarter you’ll read. Here’s what they have to say about Indian Wells:
A 5.1 earthquake hits Indian Wells… but somehow Jelena Jankovic wasn’t playing a match there at the time. How the heck did THAT happen?
• Ryan Harrison digging out some gems:
• Non-tennis: 21 books written about women that every man should read.