The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: How about this casual piece of magic from Dustin Brown in the doubles final at Casablanca last weekend?
• Andy Murray will play an exhibition match against Ivan Lendl at Queen’s this summer. Bring a mouth guard, Andy.
• First look at Martina Hingis in her formal coaching capacity with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. The two are in Moscow training for this weekend’s Fed Cup tie.
• Alex Ovechkin once destroyed a locker room because he couldn’t find Maria Kirilenko in the stands. Sounds about right.
• It’s about that time of the year to bring out the never-ending debate over whether to use Hawk-Eye on clay. As one who enjoys watching the umpires saunter over to marks and climb up and down their ladders, I say nay.
• Serena Williams in a bikini for a photo shoot in Florida.
• Juan Martin del Potro is happy to be sharing a manager, Ugo Colombini, with Murray.
Asked if the Italian’s dual role would make for an awkward situation next time they play a competitive match, Del Potro replied: “No, because I have known Ugo since I was 12 years old, and I know Andy from the same age – we played many, many times together.
“It’s funny, because when we were juniors we would fight every day, and now we work together,” added del Potro, the world No7, who beat Alexandr Dolgopolov yesterday to move into the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters. “Things have happened in the past, but we were young. Now we are professional, we are smart, and we have a good relationship.”
• Coaching Carousel: Stanislas Wawrinka has hired former No. 2 Magnus Norman as a coach on a trial basis. Also, Gilles Simon wants to hire a new coach by the French Open, and Marion Bartoli is back on the market in search of a coach. Her father will step in and help her in the interim.
• Non-tennis: I can’t rave enough over The New York Times‘ Pulitzer Prize-winning piece on the avalanche at Tunnel Creek. If this is the future of journalism and storytelling, sign me up.