The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Martina Hingis talks about her new coaching role with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
• Grigor Dimitrov, Ryan and Christian Harrison, Bernard Tomic, Ricardas Berankis and David Goffin get fashionable for a photo shoot in Men’s Journal.
• The Age reports that Bernard Tomic is back training in Monte Carlo and, contrary to what his father might say, the French Open is still on his schedule.
• Peter Bodo says it’s that time of the year again: It’s “Rafatigue” season.
Okay, allow me to invite an avalanche of criticism by saying something heretical, but also something many people are thinking: I’m getting tired of Rafael Nadal and his whole clay-court shtick. It’s all becoming a little bit like that movie in which the protagonist lives the same day, over and over: “Groundhog Day.”
During this time of the tennis year, Groundhog Day—although “week” might be a more accurate period—goes something like this: First, Rafa disavows that he’s well-nigh unbeatable on red clay. Then he goes out and demonstrates that he’s virtually unbeatable on red clay, bites the winner’s trophy, and he goes to the next tournament where he does the same thing.
• Some information about Fernando Romboli, the Brazilian player who was suspended for 8½ months after testing positive for a masking substance.
• From SI.com’s Extra Mustard blog: A very necessary recap of Roger Federer’s hair through the years.
• Non-tennis: How great is this? The Dodgers’ Hyun-Jin Ryu plays catch with a young fan in the bleachers.