The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Is that ice or a hard court?
• Fantastic news: ATP pro Ross Hutchins, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma last year, announced on Monday that his cancer is in remission.
Just got some of the best news I've heard in a long long time… Great start to the day! Back training properly today on hard courts—
Andy Murray (@andy_murray) July 22, 2013
• Here’s a look back at Murray dedicating his Brisbane victory to Hutchins in January:
• Novak Djokovic is putting out a book on nutrition tips before the U.S. Open.
• Roger Federer says he hasn’t committed to using his new, larger racket at the U.S. Open.
• Pete Sampras doesn’t think his record of seven Wimbledon titles, which he shares with Federer, will be broken anytime soon. So is Pete betting against Roger to win another one?
• Jack and Eric Sock beat James and Thomas Blake in the final of Monday night’s “BroDown Showdown” exhibition at the BB&T Atlanta Open.
• Non-tennis: How Sex and the City lost its good name.