The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The championship point from Juan Martin del Potro’s win over Milos Raonic at the Japan Open was a good one.
• Great roundup by The Tennis Space of some of the most memorable confrontations in tennis.
• Get to know Zhang Ze, China’s No. 1 men’s player and Roger Federer’s doubles partner at this week’s Shanghai Masters.
• Tennis coming to prime time: Rob Lowe is leaving Parks and Recreation to play a washed-up tennis pro in a new NBC sitcom called The Pro. That is literally the best news in the history of the world.
• This reminds me that we still haven’t heard anything about Greg Daniels’ proposed tennis sitcom that was in development last year.
• Lovely gesture: The No. 1 Court at the National Tennis Center in Beijing, home of the China Open, has been renamed Brad Drewett Court.
• Billie Jean King had a big bash in Las Vegas to celebrate her 70th birthday.
• espnW ranks Gigi Fernandez the 10th most influential Hispanic woman in sports.
• Non-tennis: Trampolines just seem like a really bad idea.