The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Billie Jean King and Elton John sit down for a chat with Christiane Amanpour.
• Chris Evert has never hidden her adoration for Roger Federer, and sometimes that gets a little awkward on air for ESPN. Evert explains her Federer fandom to The Tennis Space.
Why do I love him? I don’t know, I just love him. There is something about Roger which just tugs at the heartstrings. I don’t know what it is, I can’t say exactly, but he gets to me. Maybe it’s because one of my sons idolises Roger, and I can see similarities between the two. It’s almost as though Roger could be my son. I’ve been in this game for more than 40 years, and there has never been a player who has made me as emotional as Roger has, not even close. … This may sound strange, but his losses affect me much more than my own defeats. … And I haven’t really spent that time with the guy. I hardly know him. I’m not a stalker, I promise you.”
• After months of searching, the ATP has finally settled on its new leader: Chris Kermode, the managing director of the ATP World Tour Finals and tournament director of the Aegon Championships.
• The Guardian examines why Great Britain’s Lawn Tennis Association wasn’t interested in Kermode.
• Peter Bodo selects his heart-wrenching moment of the year in tennis.
• Your WTA Newcomer of the Year is Genie Bouchard.
• Laura Robson is reportedly working with Nick Saviano. That’s a lot to juggle for Saviano, who is also coaching Bouchard.
• UPDATED: Matt Cronin reports Saviano is serving as a training base for Robson until she hires a new coach.
Reason Robson went with Saviano/Witten is cause she couldnt reach coaching deal with Mark Woodforde. May still hire another coach in '14—
Matt Cronin (@TennisReporters) November 20, 2013
• Non-tennis: Please take a second and watch this awesome commercial that encourages young girls to become engineers.